What we want for our whole school community.....
- Learning experiences that are exciting, interesting, rewarding and purposeful...and fun.
- A curriculum that is full of opportunities to be challenged, perform, and compete.
- Learning that is reflective, thoughtful, internalised and consolidated.
- Children who “learn to learn” and are independent, resilient and determined to succeed.
- Children who know their contribution will be valued by others. They are confident enough to make mistakes, and learn from them.
- Teaching that is purposeful, organised and focussed on our priorities.
- The highest standards of learning support for all children.
- A school that continually learns about itself and its achievements through effective monitoring and evaluation, and focussed planning and development.
- Maximum capacity to improve with high levels of professional competence and effectiveness in the leadership team, all staff, governors and other adults who work with us.
- Full use made of the resources of the community to enhance the capacity of the school to achieve its goals.
- Effective succession planning and educational and career development for all children, staff and governors.
- Highly effective partnerships with support teams from other agencies that will develop and work in partnership with the school.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly learning, with very efficient use of natural resources and greater awareness of resource limitations in other parts of the world.
- Independence for all.
- A spiritual environment with time and space for peace and thoughtfulness.
- A school that is at the heart of the community providing a vibrant, stimulating and exciting learning environment so that parents want their children to come here, and stay here.
- Racial and religious understanding and harmony.
- Excellent relationships between adults and children, in which children and adults are very supportive of one another.
- High standards of behaviour and personal responsibility.
- Inclusion of all children in all the activities in school.
- Checks and safeguarding systems are completed to the highest standard so that children feel very safe at school, and understand safe and unsafe situations.
- High standards of health and well-being, with very effective emotional and psychological support for all children.
- Bullying is not tolerated, and children are pro-active in helping to prevent it.
- Children are happy in taking risks to develop their learning.
- Attendance and punctuality are considered important, and are very good.
- Excellent partnerships with other support agencies - police, churches, social services, counselling.
- High standards of achievement in the school, and for the whole school community.
- Good progress is made by all groups of children, the staff, and everyone in the school community.
- Achievements in every aspect of the curriculum are recognised and celebrated, including the creative and expressive arts, sports and contributions to the community.
- Professional development and career achievements for staff are strongly supported and enabled.
- A vibrant, challenging and enabling environment for everyone.